Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cowboy Bebop

Only time will tell on whether or not this post is a good one.

I have recently heard about a live action Cowboy Bebop movie. Which personally, I believe should be pretty fantastic. At least I hope so- it certainly has the potential.

That is, until I heard that it's going to be starring Keanu Reeves.

This tells me two things. First and foremost: Keanu Reeves manages to ruin almost every movie he's in. He's definitely gotten lucky a few times, but lets be honest here- any role that he's done 'alright' would have been 20 times better with a different actor (With the possible exception of Bill and Ted).

Secondly: This indicates that either the target audience is going to be entirely mainstream, with little to no effort made for the fans of the anime or that the people making the movie have no idea what appeals to the fans they're making the movie for.

All I can say for not is I'm not going to pass judgement until I hear more.


End Transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment