Saturday, September 18, 2010

They asked for it!

I caught a cold. Likely while working another 12 hour day thursday. It hit me yesterday, and full force today. Colds suck. Like, monkey balls. But the one good thing about them is the marathons. Not like Boston marathon, but movie/tv marathons. I like to focus on one particular thing each time I'm bed ridden by fever, sore throat and runny nose *shudder*. This time, it was the oh-so-magnificent Star Wars.

It made me think of a few things.I brought one up on twitter already. Anyone Imperial who got force choked by Vader had it coming. I mean, let's think about it. Take for example Admiral Motti. First off, he doesn't get killed, just like... a warning choke. But really, he should have been. So Motti is the guy who runs his mouth off, mocking Vaders "devotion to that ancient religion" etc. Really?!? He's an Admiral, he isn't new to the Imperial army, he knows who Vader is and what he's capable of. I'm sure he's seen a bitch get force choked before. What, like Vaders gonna be cool with you smack talking him? Think he won't mind you insulting him and his way of life infront of the Empire's top ranking men? You're just asking for it, Motti. Same goes for Ozzel, who thinks he knows better than Vader. Really?.... Really?!?! How do these idiots become Admirals? Clearly, the Empire isn't as badass and well organized as they seem, when someone like Admiral Ozzel can become the man in charge of Vader's flagship.

Secondly, so much on these movies relies on mere chance. It never occured to me before, but think about the ending of A New Hope. Han doesn't shoot Vader, he shoots in his general direction, then a TIE pilot flips out, and banks into Vader's TIE Advanced. That's when Luke gets his opportunity. So if this one pilot hadn't been such a panicky moron, the Rebels would have likely never succeeded, Vader might have killed Luke and the next two films certainly wouldn't have happened.

Or, what if, when on Endor, Chewie hadn't investigated the dead animal carcass that was a trap set by the Ewoks? I mean, let's assume Chewie did so because he was hungry. Or maybe he just has an insatiable curiousity like my dog, Kenobi. Seriously, this dog needs to sniff everything. He often then proceeds to licking or barking. Anyways, lets say Chewie chose to for those reasons. That's how they find the Ewoks, get reuinited with Leia, and form their alliance which allows them to blow up the shield generator and destroy the second Death Star. I know a lot of people might hate to admit it, but they couldn't have done it without the Ewoks. So lets say, instead Chewie packs himself a couple of protein bars and is full, doesn't give a damn about this hanging deer... thing. They wander around Endor for a while, don't find Leia, attempt unsuccessfully to blow up the Shield generator and the Rebel fleet gets oblirated. Seriously, a whole lot depends on Chewie's stomach.

Well, that's all I thought of for now, but I'm sure I'll have more questions for you later.

End Transmission

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!

    Perhaps I will infect you with Ebola so you can tackle LotR.

    ReplyDelete